Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Black and Burgundy

On Saturday, I finally got the chance to hang out with one of my good friends! Apparently, we didn't go out once at all ever since we met during grade 10. So we decided to spend a day of our winter break to meet up. Saturday afternoon, we took the city down to West Edmonton Mall and watched a movie- Frozen. We were a little late since we were still munching on food in the Food Court when the showtime started. I didn't expect so many people to be at theater at all, but it was packed! The only seats available for two seats side by side were at the very front of the theater, which you have to literally tilt your head at least 45 degrees to watch the movie! We ended up splitting apart and watching the movie separately for better viewing of the movie. The movie was really good and I enjoyed the songs in the movie! There was just so many humorous and cute parts in the movie. I'd suggest this movie to anyone of any age!  



For a comfy and casual look, I effortlessly layered a black tribal cardigan from SammyDress over a burgundy top. Loving the colour contrast between the burgundy and black. I think burgundy is especially a perfect colour for fall or winter because of the dramatic, rich vibes it seems to express.  Wearing this shorts for a more structured look with my tights and these velvet booties I bought from my last shopping trip!



Can you believe how much I got these beautiful boots from Stitches for? Only $15! Technically, almost $25, since they had a ''Buy 1, Get 1 $15'' Sale. My sister got a pair of boots for $30 so these came in $15, totaling almost $50. The booties feel soft as they are made of velvet. I love the lace-up vintage design too. 






Outfit Details

Black Tribal Cardigan- Sammydress
Denim Shorts- Urban Planet
Velvet Booties- Stitches



Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love,




Nicole


Find me on:             Facebook Twitter Instagram Lookbook

15 comments:

  1. You look hot in this cold. Loving the look.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so adorable on you dear. Wish I could also wear knitted cardigans and boots but we don't have winter here in the Philippines :( Great looks :-) I followed you on GFC and lookbook, hope you can do the same dear ^^

    www.thefabulousgeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous doll and I love your style!! Great photos <3

    Follow you now via g+, gfc, facebook and bloglovin!!
    Happy New Year!
    Keep in touch
    Charu

    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikkie, this has to be one of my favorites so far! I just adore that tribal print cardi and how you mixed it with burgundy - my absolute favorite color palette combo!
    Hope you have a Happy New Year <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combo Nicole! I love your cardi!!!
    Tnx for your lovely comment!
    Happy new year!
    I wish you all the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit ! :-)
    Wish you all the best in New Year ! xoxo

    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the aztec inspired cardi, it looks so cosy and comfy :o). Happy New Year :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling you look amazing!
    Happy new year! Best Wishes!
    www.bebagottel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an lovely cardigan! Happy 2014!

    XX Nora / 1310bynora.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable outfit! I love that cardigan with the burgundy top! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really good to go out with friends sometimes! Glad you got the time to hang out with your friends. Anyway, perfect look you have here. I love your boots and the color combination of black and burgundy is perfect! <3 Happy New Year Nicole! Hope you are having a good time now. :)

    xoxo,
    DAINTY CHIC by Loila L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hanging out with friends is always a great time. Glad you got a chance to do so.
    Love this outfit! There's something so chic about wearing shorts over tights in the winter. You look so cute!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete

♥Thanks for reading and commenting, lovelies! Be sure to leave a link so I can visit you too!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...